Who is Dr. Lisa? Is she a medical doctor?Dr. Lisa R. Williams has a Doctorate in Philosophy (PhD) in Marketing and Logistics from The Ohio State University. She is the first African American to receive a doctorate in Marketing and Logistics from The Ohio State University. Through hard work and perseverance Dr. Lisa attained unprecedented success by becoming the first African American professor to earn tenure at Penn State University, and the first female professor to receive a multi-million dollar endowed chair at the University of Arkansas, Walton College of Business.
What does World of EPI mean?In 2003, Dr. Lisa formed the World of Entertainment, Publishing and Inspiration (World of EPI) with the mission of spreading joy by providing children with dolls that inspire dreams, promote intelligence and build self-esteem.
How tall are the dolls?• The Fresh Dolls are 11.5" tall
• The Fresh Squad stands are 12" tall
• Positively Perfect Toddlers are 14.5" tall
• Positively Perfect DIVAH Dolls are 18" tall
What is the recommended age for play with these dolls?The recommended age is 3 and up. Warning: small parts could be a choking hazard
What are the dolls made of?• The Fresh Dolls, Fresh Squad, and Simply Fresh have Injection mold bodies and roto heads
• Positively Perfect Dolls have vinyl limbs and roto heads, soft torso bodies
• PVC - Polyvinyl chloride (PVC) is a solid plastic material made from vinyl chloride
• POM – POM (PP) material, commonly called acetal (chemically known as Polyoxymethylene) is manufactured by Ensinger in standard stock shapes for machining and is extruded in sheet, rod and tube. POM plastic is a semi crystalline thermoplastic with high mechanical strength and rigidity.
• ABS - Acrylonitrile butadiene styrene is a common thermoplastic polymer typically used for injection molding applications. ABS is relatively harmless in that it doesn't have any known carcinogens, and there are no known adverse health effects related to exposure to ABS.
• Polyester - 'polyester' describes a category of polymers produced by mixing ethylene glycol (derived from petroleum) and terephthalic acid. Our factory cannot guarantee materials used to manufacture the dolls, hair, or clothing do not contain trace amounts of latex, gluten, and/or recycled materials. Therefore, if you have allergies to these products, out of an abundance of caution, we do not recommend our dolls for your children.
Do the dolls fit other doll clothing and accessories?The Fresh Dolls and Fresh Squad have their own Fresh Fashions sold separately at retailers and on The Fresh Dolls website. The dolls can fit some other brands that accommodate more representative bodies with fuller hips and thighs.
Positively Perfect DIVAH 18” Dolls have their own line of fashions sold separately on The Fresh Dolls website. The dolls can fit other brands of fashions and shoes made for 18” dolls.
Can the doll hair be straightened with heat?The hair is synthetic and using heated styling tools is not recommended.
Can the doll hair be washed?Mild baby shampoo or fabric softener can be used to wash and untangle the doll’s hair.
See steps below:
Step 1: Mix 1 part water to 1 part liquid softener
Step 2: Soak your doll’s hair in the mixture until thoroughly saturated
Step 3: Hold the head of the doll tightly to prevent hair loss. Starting at the ends of the hair use a plastic or metal brush and begin brushing
Step 4: Brush until you have removed the tangles
See wikiHow for more instructions on how to wash your doll’s hair:
It not recommended to take down Fresh Squad Malik’s braids. They are machine braided at time of production and the style cannot be replicated once removed.
Can the dolls be used in bathtub or swimming pool?The dolls are not intended for water play, therefore, submerging in water is not recommended.
Can I wash the doll clothing?
Yes. All doll clothing can be hand washed with a gentle soap and cold water. Please allow to air dry only. For darker clothing items, we recommend washing by hand prior to using on soft plastic fashion dolls from other doll brands.
Can you put makeup on the dolls?Because we can’t determine contents of all makeup items, using such materials can damage the texture, coloration, skin tone etc., of the original makeup design of the doll.
Do you only make Black dolls?
No. We create a diverse line of Multi-Cultural Dolls (African American, Afro-Latina, Latino/Hispanic, Caucasian, and Mixed-Race/Bi-Racial) to represent ethnicities from all around the world.
Do you guys make doll furniture, houses, cars, playsets, etc.?We are currently in the planning stages to create some Fresh & Fabulous doll accessories & playsets. Stay tuned!
What is your shipping and handling policy?For products purchased from The Fresh Doll company website, processing & handling takes an estimated 24-48 hours. You will receive tracking information once your items are shipped via email and you can track your items with this tracking number.
Products purchased from other retailers will be subject to the retailers shipping and handling policies.
What is Route Shipping Insurance?
Route is a third-party application, that offers "peace of mind" package protection for your orders at an affordable price. The cost is only around 1.5% of your cart value to fully protect your package in the event it is lost, damaged, or stolen.
Route Package Protection will be automatically added to your cart. If you choose NOT TO PURCHASE Route you will need to DE-SELECT it at checkout.
In the unfortunate case an issue arises with your order, claims can be filed by you directly with Route:
Click here File a Claim
What happens if my order is Lost?The following is what we consider a Lost order:
• An order is considered lost if tracking never confirms package status as "delivered"
• If tracking shows no movement or looks to be stuck after exceeding the appropriate amount of shipping days, then orders may be considered lost. If you purchased Route shipping insurance, a claim can be filed or file a claim with the shipping carrier if applicable.
How many days following the last tracking update should I file my claim with Route?• Domestic orders - 7 days
• International orders - 20 days
Claims for orders lost in-transit must be filed no later than 30 days from the last available tracking update.
What should I do if my order is damaged?If your item arrives damaged, unusable, or in an unacceptable condition, Route encourages customers to file a claim immediately.
• Please include photo reference of damaged item and packaging received.
• Claims for damaged orders must be filed within 15 days from the date your package was marked delivered.
What should I do if my order is stolen?An order is considered stolen if tracking confirms package status as "delivered," but not received.
• Route asks that you wait 5 days from the day your package status was marked delivered before reaching out and filing your claim.
Claims for stolen orders must be filed within 15 days from the date your package was marked delivered.
For more information on Route please visit their website: ROUTE.com
What is your return policy?If you received a defective product, please send us a picture of the product so we can share it with our technical team. We can offer a replacement for defective products. We are not responsible for items damaged in shipment and we highly recommend purchasing Route shipping insurance for "peace of mind" package protection of your item in transit.
If you have received a defective product, please contact us at CustomerService@worldofepi.com with your full name, order number, and description of the issue.
Can I cancel an order after it has been placed because I changed my mind?For products purchased from The Fresh Doll company website, all sales are final. Please take the time to carefully review the products and charges on your order before you submit. Once you place your order, it is final and will not be canceled.
Products purchased from other retailers is subject to the store return policy.
What happens if I added the wrong address in my order?The World of EPI is not responsible for incorrect addresses entered during checkout. Check your address information carefully because The World of EPI will not replace items shipped to the wrong address. In order to re-ship the order, items delivered to the wrong address must be returned to our warehouse. Once received we can create a new order and additional shipping charges will apply. Please email us at Info@worldofepi.com once you discover the wrong address was entered. This will not guarantee your address can be corrected in time since the orders go directly to our warehouse and are fulfilled accordingly.